Digital pianos have come a long way in recent years. The advancements have been spectacular, and there are many advantages of owning one over an acoustic piano. In this post, we will talk about the things that you should know before selecting a digital piano.
Why buy a digital piano?
There are several advantages of buying a digital piano.
- First and foremost, digital pianos are portable, and therefore, you can carry them around, no matter whether it’s a family gettogether or a stage show.
- Compared to acoustic pianos, digital ones are much cheaper, and even the modest ones don’t need any maintenance besides basic dusting.
- Digital pianos are also more versatile as far as the volume range is concerned, whereas with acoustic pianos, the range is dependent on the strike on keys.
- Not to forget, you can record your performance with the digital variants, which is great for learners. In fact, you can keep a track of your progress.
- Digital pianos are just that – “digital”, so you can connect them to phones, recording equipment and computers easily.
Basic things to consider
There are quite a few options in digital pianos, so you have to consider a few basic aspects. If you are just starting out, you don’t want to go for an expensive model right away. Instead, go for something that’s more ideal for beginners. Intermediate learners should be more focused on the touch response among other features. Next, you need to consider if you need to travel around with the piano. If yes, you must consider the easiness in breaking down the model, apart from the weight and dimensions. Dimensions are important, especially if you are buying the piano for your child. At times, adjustable stands might be required.
Tips for new buyers
Make a shortlist of the products that have been rated well by other customers. Check the reviews from experts and set a budget before comparing the options. Reviews are actually quite handy, and you can save a considerable amount of money by buying online. If you are looking for something better, check the One Smart Piano, which gets away with the need of having a teacher. The piano can be connected to your computer or tablet, and with an app, you can start learning. Some of the music sheets are free, and for songs and more, you can always choose to download for a nominal charge.
Check online now and buy your digital piano!